|Season 3, Episode 4|
|Air Date||October 11, 1991|
|Writer(s)|| David W. Duclon |
Fred Fox Jr.
|Previous||The Show Must Go On|
|Next||Daddy's Little Girl|
Words Hurt is episode four of season three from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on October 11, 1991. It was directed by John Tracy and written both by David W. Duclon and Fred Fox Jr.
Opening Teasing Edit
Steve emerge from Carl and Harriette's room where he was sleepwalking holding the newspaper, then he hits him and then he said "Steve" before hitting Carl, then he walks out the door. Carl wakes up Harriette but she wants to sleep for eight hour and he closed the door and place this chair in the door, where Steve will not go inside. Then for an hour later Steve gets the latter and place it in the window before going again. Carl turns on the light his wife Harriette hit the pillow at him and Urkel hit him again 2 times, then Harriette talk to Carl and she said "I think he's sleepwalking", also he wave his hand where Urkel didn't wake-up and hit him. Carl said "Oh Yes I Do" when he hits him again 3 times and Carl grab the newspaper before Steve had another newspaper and hit him, then Carl is chasing Steve where they grab by Harriette and hit him again by Urkel.
Harriette and Rachel hire a hypnotist to determine why a sleepwalking Urkel has been acting out his hostilities on Carl. They learn that, during one of his visits, Urkel caused an accident that ruined a model ship Carl had worked 4½ months on. Carl angrily told Urkel to get lost, then (not knowing Urkel could overhear him) told Laura he wished he'd go away permanently. Carl tries defending his actions, but Harriette and Rachel — in an effort to tell him that words hurt — decide to give him the silent treatment until he apologizes.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Earl Boen as Mr. Goodrich
- Rachel: Can you make him quack like a duck every time the phone rings?
- Dr. Goodrich: Ms. Crawford, I am a medical doctor, not a carnival act!
- Rachel: (to Harriette) He's not gonna make him quack.