|Woman of the People|
|Season 3, Episode 19|
|Air Date||February 21, 1992|
|Writer(s)|| Gary Menteer |
David W. Duclon
|Previous||My Brokenhearted Valentine|
|Next||Love and Kisses|
Woman of the People is episode nineteen of season three from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on February 21, 1992. It was directed by Richard Correll and written both by Gary Menteer and David W. Duclon.
Laura is engaged in a heated campaign for class president with snobbish Cassie Lynn. However, things grow ugly when Cassie Lynn takes some incriminating photos of Laura seeming to embrace Urkel in order to win.
Urkel decides to fight fire with fire by having Eddie take photos of himself and Cassie kissing in order to make her realize that blackmailing Laura is wrong.
Meanwhile, Carl refuses to participate in a neighborhood watch squad.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Marley Shelton as Becky Sue
- Loretta Jean as Gloria
- Robert Noble as Bernie
- Cal Gibson as Al
- Urkel: Steve Urkel, Muskrat Times! Sorry I'm late, but I got my tongue stuck in the printing press.
- Carl: What? I'm on duty? Well, why didn't you tell me?
- Harriette: I posted the schedule, Carl!
- Carl: Well, I didn't see it, Harriette!
- Estelle: Well, how did you miss it? It was right in your favorite spot.
- Carl: And where's that?
- Estelle: The refrigerator.
- Cassie Lynn: All's fair in love and politics.
- Urkel: Oh, I am so glad you said that! (grabs and kisses Cassie Lynn as Eddie swoops in and starts taking pictures)
- Cassie Lynn: Eww! Yuck! Ick!
- Urkel: Well, the earth didn't exactly move for me either.
- Urkel (after Eddie takes pictures of him & Cassie Lynn kissing): Why, I can see the headlines now! "Nubbles Sucks Face with Nerd!"
- Cassie Lynn: You wouldn't.
- Urkel: Would.
- Cassie Lynn: You couldn't.
- Urkel: Could.
- Cassie Lynn: But, it's a lie! You kissed me. I didn't kiss you.
- Urkel: Well, that may be what happened, but it won't be what the people believe. People just love juicy gossip!
- Urkel (to Eddie about the pictures of him kissing Cassie Lynn): See, Eddo? I told you she wasn't so smart.
- Eddie: I'll say, otherwise she would've realized I forgot to take off the lens cap.