Wedding Bell Blues is episode sixteen of the sixth season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally aired from ABC on February 17, 1995. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by Sheila M. Anthony.
Mr. Alfred Looney is engaged to be married, but on his wedding day, his bride leaves him at the altar. Humiliated, Mr. Looney contemplates suicide, leaving Urkel and Carl to talk him out of it. Meanwhile, Laura gets upset when her parents won't let her go with her friends to see Seal in Toledo for one night, despite letting Eddie go to Canada for 4 days with people Carl and Harriette don't know. Soon they see the error of their ways and allow her to go to the concert providing that she keeps a cell phone with her.
Mr. Looney is engaged to be married to the woman he loves. However on his wedding day, his bride, Beth, leaves him at the altar when her sleazy ex-boyfriend shows up to convince her to come back. Humiliated, Mr. Looney contemplates suicide, leaving Urkel and Carl to talk him out of it.
Meanwhile, Laura gets upset when her parents won't let her go with her friends to see Seal in Toledo for one night, despite letting Eddie go to Canada for 4 days with people Carl and Harriette don't know. While she fumes that they're too overprotective of her, Mother Winslow talks some sense into them about letting her go out to a concert in Toledo. When both Carl and Harriette try to defend their actions, worried that she'll get hurt. Estelle states that while Laura is their daughter and that she understand they need to protect her, she deserves a night out with her friends and is more responsible than Eddie is. Feeling guilty, Harriette permits Laura to go to the concert with her friends, providing that she keeps a cell phone with her and let her know she's fine.
Back at the church, Carl's co-worker, a fellow officer named Sharon, is able to talk Mr. Looney down from committing suicide. Revealling herself to be a close friend of Mr. Looney's and also single, Sharon invites him over to enjoy some coffee with her.
At the concert, Laura, Greta, Myra and Maxine are enjoying the concert, while letting Harriette know they're fine.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford (credit only)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
- Channing Chase as Beth
- Sondra Currie as Sharon
- Lewis Dauber as Minister Barnes
- Susan Dawkins as Rebecca
- This episode shares its title with an episode of Sonic Underground, a cartoon that Jaleel White starred in after Family Matters ended.
- In this episode, Harriette says Laura is sixteen years old, but in the episode Old and Alone, three seasons ago, Laura turned fifteen.
- Mr. Looney's friend is a fellow officer of Carl's whom helps overcome his heartbreak.