We're Going to Disney World (Part 1) is episode twenty-two of the sixth season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally aired from ABC on April 28, 1995. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by Jim Geoghan.
Thanks to his transformation chamber, Urkel wins a trip to Disney World and invites the Winslows along. During a science convention at the Innoventions area of Tomorrowland, the nerd demonstrates the chamber and emerges as Stefan, though one man is critical of the chamber's effects. Meanwhile, Eddie has to work but eventually gets Waldo to drive him to Orlando, Florida but can Waldo read a map? Also Carl started to have the time of his life while visiting Florida. After Stefan came out of the chamber, Laura ruined the wires on it to let Stefan stay and have a romantic time together. Then at night Stefan proposes to Laura and then Myra wakes up back at her home in Chicago sensing that something is wrong with Urkel.
Steve is a finalist in an Innoventions contest at Walt Disney World. He invites the Winslow family whom all are thrilled about going except for Carl who is too concerned about leaving work behind. Myra is unable to be with her Steve as well. However, when he arrives to Disney World, Carl is carefree and poses in pictures with the Disney characters
Steve's entry in the contest is none other than his transformation chamber which he will used to transform into Stefan. Much to Laura's excitement he does at the contest but before Stefan is asked to go back into the transformation chamber and change back into Steve (to prove he's not faking it) Laura messes with the machine while no one is looking. When he does go in Stefan believes that there was a malfunction affected by the shipping of his machine. The judges decide to postpone the results of the contest for three more days while Stefan and Laura spend some time together in the happiest place on earth.
Meanwhile to save money, Eddie and Waldo decide to drive down to Disney World but they encounter chaos along the way. Eddie learns that Waldo drove them the wrong way and yells at him for not reading the map properly. Instead of heading to Orlando and Disney World, they're on their way to Canada. Waldo calls Eddie out for sleeping in the car and had he been awake to help read the map properly, they would've been to Orlando earlier.
Laura begins to regret not having Steve around while they're at Disney World until something happens that no one expected. In a giant crowd of spectators against a fairy tale setting, Stefan Urquelle proposes to Laura. She accepts.
Back in Chicago and in her own room, Myra wakes up in the middle of the night. Something tells her that Steve is in trouble.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel / Stefan Urquelle
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
Guest Phynjuar as Mitzi Mounkhouse Edit
- David L. Lander as Oliver
- JD Roberto as Bellboy
- Russell Sanderlin as Wedding Guest
- Shari Shaw as Zoralee (credited as Shari Ballard)
- David Spates as Audience Member
- Steve Willing as Martin
Un-credited Guest Edit
- John Hagy as Patron in Shop
- The majority of this two-part episode was shot on location at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida and Telma Hopkins as Rachel recurring.
- This episode along with part 2 is cut from the episodes during its run on Nick at Nite.
- This marks the 2nd time the Transformation Chamber has been sabotaged. The first time was back in To Be or Not to Be (Part 1)
- Eddie: That's not Canyada, that's Canada. Aww man, you've been driving the wrong way for the past two hours.
|Family Matters Season 6|
|To Be or Not to Be (Part 1) • To Be or Not to Be (Part 2) • Till Death Do Us Apartment • The Looney Bin • Beta Chi Guy • Dark and Stormy Night • Par For the Course • Sink or Swim • Paradise Bluff • Flying Blind • Miracle on Elm Street • Midterm Crisis • An Unlikely Match • The Substitute Son • The Gun • Wedding Bell Blues • Ain't Nothing but an Urkel • My Uncle, the Hero • My Bodyguard • Cheers Looking at You, Kid • What's Up Doc? • We're Going to Disney World (Part 1) • We're Going to Disney World (Part 2) • They Shoot Urkels, Don't They? • Home Sweet Home|