The Urkel Who Came to Dinner is episode twenty-two of the third season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally aired from ABC on April 3, 1992. It was directed by John Tracy and written by Regina Stewart.
When his parents go out of town unannounced, Urkel is invited to stay with the Winslows. But he unwittingly manages to create havoc: he accidentally vacuums and swallows a fish Carl was looking after for Lt. Murtaugh; he encourages Richie to fight a preschool bully; and he drives away Laura's study date (Mark) when he suspects he's got less than admirable motives. When the family confronts him about it, Estelle and Richie ends up mediating the fight. Richie reveals that Steve didn't intend for him to fight the bully, but rather stand up to him. Rachel soon realizes she was wrong and forgives Urkel. Estelle mentions that Laura should've been grateful to Steve in chasing Mark away, especially when she tells her what he did at lover's lane with a certain redhead classmate.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Rugg Williams as Laura's Study Partner
- The title is based on the play "The Man Who Came to Dinner" written by Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman and opened on Broadway at the Music Box Theatre on October 16, 1939 and ran for 739 performances.
- Richie just mention about Timmy Thompson.
- Laura: Uh, Steve. We thought you were going on vacation, Steve. Why aren't you on vacation, Steve?
- Urkel: Oh, well, it would have been inappropriate for me to join my parents. They went on their second honeymoon.
- Rachel: Oh, how romantic! Where did they go?
- Urkel: Well, my mother went to Washington to visit the Smithsonian. And my dad went to New York to see Clem Puddle's House of Reptiles.
- Carl: You know, several questions come to mind here.
- Urkel: Oh, shoot.
- Carl: Your parents are taking seperate second honeymoons?
- Urkel: Oh, yes. They desperately wanna avoid the tragedy that resulted from their first honeymoon.
- Harriette: What was that?
- Urkel: Me!
|Family Matters Season 3|
|Boom! • Brain Over Brawn • The Show Must Go On • Words Hurt • Daddy's Little Girl • Citizens' Court • Robo-Nerd • Making the Team • Born to Be Mild • The Love God • Old and Alone • A Pair of Ladies • Choir Trouble • A Test of Friendship • Jailhouse Blues • Brown Bombshell • Food, Lies and Videotape • My Brokenhearted Valentine • Woman of the People • Love and Kisses • Stop! In the Name of Love • The Urkel Who Came to Dinner • Robo-Nerd II • Dudes • Farewell, My Laura|