The Gun is episode fifteen of the sixth season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally aired from ABC on February 10, 1995. It was directed by John Tracy and written both by Joseph Cvar and Gary Menteer.
In one of the series' most serious episodes, gang member Toni Procopio and her friends brutally beat Laura up over her jacket. After being arrested and let out on bail, Toni and her gang tell Laura that she can expect to get shot if she testifies against them again. Laura, scared for her life, decides she needs to buy a gun for self-defense, even though Urkel begs her to reconsider. But then, just moments before Laura can go through with the gun purchase, Toni shoots her other best friend Josie because she refused to give Toni her shoes. Fortunately, the Winslows and Steve start "Save a Life, Turn In Your Gun" and Steve does a rap about saving your life by turning in a gun or other weapons.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford (credit only)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Tracey Cherelle Jones as Toni Procopio
- Trina McGee as Josie (as Trina McGee-Davis)
- Ryan Bollman as Gun Salesman
- Mailon Rivera as Radio DJ
- Raushan Hammond as Latin Club Member
- Freddie Prinze Jr. as Tough Guy
- Kyndra Joy Casper as Tough Girl #1
- Sonya Haynes as Tough Girl #2
- Guest appearance are Freddie Prinze Jr. and Trina McGee-Davis
- This episode ended with a public service announcement about gun violence by Jaleel White, Kellie Shanygne Williams, Shawn Harrison, Darius McCrary, and the episode's cast.
- Steve Urkel recently speaks Chinese.