Teacher's Pet is episode four of the seventh season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally aired from ABC on October 20, 1995. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by Stephen Langford.
Urkel is asked to supervise an English class for his absent teacher, but the students in the class are unruly and have no intention of learning. They eventually embarrass the nerd and push him to the point where he wants to quit. However, Urkel has an ace up his sleeve – Stefan Urquelle, who immediately takes control of the class. Meanwhile, Carl and Harriette bicker over each other's share of the household chores. Hiring extra help particularly, attractive members of the opposite sex only exacerbates matters. In the end, Carl and Harriette agree to divide the housework more fairly.
In this episode, Steve gets appointed as the substitute teacher while the regular teacher takes two days off. Most of the class complains about it except for Laura and Myra. His first day on the job, Urkel gets a lot of heat from his classmates, including two class clowns named, Kissel and Robbins and the school's resident bad girl, Donna Santangelo. When the other students leave early with the three, Steve decides if he can't get them to behave as himself, he'll use his chamber and get them to behave as Stefan.
Carl is acting like a chauvinist in refusing to help out around the house that he hires a beautiful maid to help out. Harriette doesn't like her and fires her immediately causng them to fight with each other. She decides to teach him a lesson by fighting fire with fire.
So, the next day in class Laura and Myra are worried about Urkel because he wasn't at lunch today for his favorite meal. Kissel and Robbins expressed their joy after what they did to Steve they'll guarantee he's a no show. They were right, except now they have Stefan as their substitute teacher as he walks in. Laura and girls are in love with him. However, an unimpressed Myra asks Stefan for an explanation to where her "Steviekins" is. Stefan explained to her that yesterday, Urkel was hurt that most of the class was giving him heat and asked him to step in for him. Myra calmly accepts it and sits down. Stefan takes over the class and the girls are interested right away, even impressing Kissel. However, Robbins tries to gets Stefan mad, but he finds a way around it. Stefan gets him to admit that he had a crush for Donna, which he denies at first. Then, he admitted that he tried to ask her to the dance. Stefan asked what she said to him when he asked her out. Robbins tells him that the reply from her was "Bite Me" indicating that she had said no to him. Stefan said ouch, but he was curious to know how he asked her out. Donna tells him that Robbins said she has broccoli in her teeth and later on asked her if she wants to go to the dance in a rude manner that lead to her saying no to Robbins. Stefan decides that he needs a crash course in romance and gives him a poem for him to read to her. He's reluctant to read it to her, but with some encouragement from Stefan. Robbins reads the romantic poem to Donna and gets his date with her. Kissel decides to ask Stefan for some advice for love.
At the house in order to teach a lesson Carl a lesson, she hires a buff younger man named Jeffrey, to help out while he gets mad a throws him out. But, the young man wasn't really hired by Harriette, he actually was her co-worker from Ferguson's Department Stores. She just brought him in to prove her point that she can as chauvinistic as he is. Carl eventually apologizes for his selfishness and helps her clean the house more.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel / Stefan Urquelle
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo (non-appearance)
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
- Brooke Marie Procida as Donna Santangelo
- Renee Tenison as Tawny
- Walter Jones as Kissel
- Tim Padilla as Poetry Student
- Sanetta Y. Gipson as Audience member (credited as Sanetta Gipson)
- Cary Brayboy as Geoffrey (credited as Carey Brayboy)
- Eric Poppick as Mr. Ludke
- This is the one of the few episodes that Myra was actually nice to Stefan. In most of his appearances, she sees him as a joke to Steve.
- This is the 2nd episode involving the house left in a mess. The first one was in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad House. However unlike in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad House", the children weren't involved in leaving the house a complete mess. It is presumed that unlike Carl, they had learned their lesson from the last time.
- Walter Emmanuel Jones, famous for playing Zack Taylor on Power Rangers, cameos as a student in this episode. Jason David Frank, his co-star, would follow later on.
|Family Matters Season 7|
|Little Big Guy • The Naked and the Nerdy • Bugged • Teacher's Pet • Walking My Baby Back Home • She's Back • Hot Rods to Heck • Talk's Cheap • Struck by Lightning • Best Years of Our Lives • Fa La La La Laagghh! • Friendship Cycles • South of the Border • Life in the Fast Lane • Random Acts of Science • Tips for a Better Life • Swine Lake • My Big Brother • Eau de Love • Twinkle Toes Faldo • Scammed • Dream Date • A Ham is Born • Send in the Clone|