|Season 2, Episode 21|
|Air Date||March 15, 1991|
|Writer(s)||David W. Duclon|
|Previous||Fight the Good Fight|
|Next||Finding the Words|
Taking Credit is episode twenty-one of season two from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on March 15, 1991. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by David W. Duclon.
Wanting to teach a lesson, Rachel tells Judy and Richie stories about how Eddie and Lt. Murtaugh each wanted to take credit for things someone else did. In Eddie's case, he claimed he wrote a story Urkel actually did, while Carl helped foil a crime spree with little help from Lt. Murtaugh.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-France as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Christopher Darga as Reporter #1
- Mary Ingersoll as Reporter #2
- Lt. Murtaugh reveals that his real first name is "Lieutenant", and that before it was "Sergeant".
- Why exactly would Laura and Eddie assume that making a bunch of twists and turns on the way back from school would keep Steve from following them home? He lives right next door to them, after all.
- Eddie: I'm sorry, Steve. We'll go camping together some other time. Just you and me. I promise, okay?
- Urkel: Okay.
- Eddie: All right.
- [goes to leave]
- Urkel: ...No, it's not okay! Eddie Winslow, front and center! Newsflash, Eddie! I have feelings. Inside this scrawny chest, there beats a heart. A heart that hurts. And the reason it hurts is because I've tried very hard to be your friend and all you've done is take advantage of me. Well, that's gonna stop right now! I'm not your personal doormat.
- [pointing to Laura]
- Urkel: I'm her doormat!