Send in the Clone is episode twenty-four of the seventh season seven finale in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally premiered from ABC on May 17, 1996. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by both David W. Duclon and Gary Menteer.
Urkel's cloning machine can make exact duplicates of anything; including himself, causing double trouble throughout the household (and putting Myra in a frenzy over her "Stevie-kins"). Then Laura has an idea: Put the Urkel clone into the transformation chamber and make the alter-ego Stefan a permanent human.
Urkel has made a new cloning invention which allowed him to clone stuff from tomato plants and stools, to himself, which yields disastrous results. Now it's double trouble with for the Winslows as the Steve and his clone meet. Carl loses his patience with the two Steve when they were playing chess and demands the cloning machine so they can double more of his money. However, they destroyed as they felt it was too unethical to do that. An enraged, Carl tells Harriette to hold him back before he strangles Steve and the clone.
Later on Steve and his clone fights over Myra, while they were dancing to polka music. Immediately, a fed up Laura, breaks up the rivalry and calls them to their senses about what they've learned. Myra think one and one is fun. However, Laura wholeheartedly disagrees and tells them what she really thinks about the situation for what it is. Steve thinks there is no solution after she revealed that he created a monster. Laura comes up good solution to their problem, make the Urkel clone a permanent Stefan and have him meet his creator. The plan works after Steve says his goodbye to his clone, Stefan meets him for the first time much to the relief of both her and Myra. Stefan kisses Laura, happy to be with her permanently, instead for a week. Steve admits that he'll miss his clone, but Myra makes him think otherwise as she reveals she likes the real thing better. She kisses him as Stefan and Laura continue to do so.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
- Final appearance of Waldo, but was mentioned in season 8's Chick-A-Boom.
- The cloning machine was one of Steve's few inventions that did not malfunction or cause harm.
- However, had the show continued to its tenth season, it would have been revealed in Death of a Stefan that the machine did not make permanent clones, resulting in Stefan fading away and his cool and suave personality merging into Steve.
- This marks the first time Stefan and Steve meet.
- With Stefan permanently around, he and Laura are able to pursue a real relationship.
- Towards the end of the seventh season, Executive producer William Bickley decided not to renew Shawn Harrison's contact citing that the interaction between Waldo and his girlfriend Maxine enough for a dramatic contrast.
|Family Matters Season 7|
|Little Big Guy • The Naked and the Nerdy • Bugged • Teacher's Pet • Walking My Baby Back Home • She's Back • Hot Rods to Heck • Talk's Cheap • Struck by Lightning • Best Years of Our Lives • Fa La La La Laagghh! • Friendship Cycles • South of the Border • Life in the Fast Lane • Random Acts of Science • Tips for a Better Life • Swine Lake • My Big Brother • Eau de Love • Twinkle Toes Faldo • Scammed • Dream Date • A Ham is Born • Send in the Clone|