|Scenes from a Mall|
|Season 5, Episode 12|
|Air Date||December 17, 1993|
|Writer(s)|| David W. Duclon |
|Previous||Christmas is Where the Heart Is|
Scenes from a Mall is episode twelve of season five from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on December 17, 1993. It was directed by Gary Menteer and written both by David W. Duclon and Gary Menteer.
Myra demands commitment from Urkel or else. When he refuses and asks her to give him his space, she ends up leaving in a crying fit. Steve must now turn to Laura for help. Waldo constantly worries that other boys have their eyes on Maxine, causing him to go into a jealous fit. Meanwhile, Eddie learns that the store model he has a crush on is married. Also, while Harriette is at a job interview, Carl gets burdened with having to watch Little Richie & his friend, Lil' G (Gary LeRoi Gray).
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Cherie Johnson as Maxine Johnson
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse (before being promoted to cast member in season 6)
- Shavar Ross as Alex "Weasel" Park
- Garcelle Beauvais as Garcelle
- G. Leroi Gray as Lil' G
- Gene Arrington as Man at the Mall #1
- J August Richards as Man at the Mall #2
- Ellen Albertini Dow as Elderly Lady
Uncredited Cameo Edit
- James Avery as himself (also Will Smith's uncle Philip Banks from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)
- Gabrielle Union as Mall girl
- James Avery (1945–2013) made a surprise guest appearance during the closing credits. Avery is best known for playing Will's uncle (Philip Banks) especially Vivian's husband, Hilary, Carlton, Ashley and Nicky's father on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990–1996).
- It was similar to a 1973 movie Scene from a Marriage.
- The entrance to Spoo's has only stairs, despite handicap-accessible ramps having been required since 1990.
- When Urkel manages to sit on the bench to talk to Myra, he rests his arm on the back. It is still there in the next shot, but is resting at his side in the next.