Scenes from a Mall is episode twelve of the fifth season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally aired from ABC on December 17, 1993. It was directed by Gary Menteer and written both by David W. Duclon and Gary Menteer.
Myra demands commitment from Urkel or else. When he refuses and asks her to give him his space, she ends up leaving in a crying fit. Steve must now turn to Laura for help. Waldo constantly worries that other boys have their eyes on Maxine, causing him to go into a jealous fit. Meanwhile, Eddie learns that the store model he has a crush on is married. Also, while Harriette is at a job interview, Carl gets burdened with having to watch Little Richie & his friend, Lil' G (Gary LeRoi Gray).
Myra demands commitment from Urkel or else. When he refuses and asks her to leave him alone by giving him time to decide, Myra leaves in a crying fit believing Steve just wants her to go away. He must now turn to Laura for advice in helping him calm Myra down. With Laura's help, Steve explains to Myra that while he had no intentions in breaking up with her, he also makes it clear that if they continue dating: she can't force him to commit to her right away and asks that she respects his decision when he asks her to give him space.
Waldo constantly worries that other boys have their eyes on Maxine, causing him to go into a jealous fit. When Maxine threatens to dump Waldo for humiliating her, he realizes how overzealous he has been and apologizes for his behavior.
Meanwhile, Eddie learns that the store model he has a crush on is married along with how rude Weasel is in trying to flirt with her.
Also, while Harriette is at a job interview, Carl gets burdened with having to watch Little Richie & his friend, Lil' G. In the post credits when Lil' G admits to Richie that Carl looks like Uncle Philip from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, James Avery makes a surprise visit.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Cherie Johnson as Maxine Johnson
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse (before being promoted to cast member in season 6)
- Shavar Ross as Alex "Weasel" Park
- Gary LeRoi Gray as Lil' G (credited as G. LeRoi Gray)
- Garcelle Beauvais as Garcelle
- Gene Arrington as Man at the Mall #1
- J. August Richards as Man at the Mall #2
- Ellen Albertini Dow as Elderly Lady
- James Avery as Himself (uncredited)
- Gabrielle Union as Mall girl (uncredited)
- James Avery (1945–2013) made a surprise guest appearance during the closing credits. Avery is best known for playing Will's uncle (Philip Banks) especially Vivian's husband, Hilary, Carlton, Ashley and Nicky's father on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990–1996).
- It was similar to a 1973 movie Scene from a Marriage.
- The entrance to Spoo's has only stairs, despite handicap-accessible ramps having been required since 1990.
- When Urkel manages to sit on the bench to talk to Myra, he rests his arm on the back. It is still there in the next shot, but is resting at his side in the next.
- [End Credits]
- Little G: Ok you win. He does look like the father on Fresh Prince
- [James Avery makes an appearance in the show, causing Carl to laugh]
- Carl: James Avery!
|Family Matters Season 5|
|Hell Toupee • It Didn't Happen One Night • Saved by the Urkel • A Matter of Principle • Money Out the Window • Best Friends • Grandmama • Dr. Urkel and Mr. Cool • Car Wars • All the Wrong Moves • Christmas is Where the Heart Is • Scenes from a Mall • Rock Enroll • Like a Virgin • Good Cop, Bad Cop • Presumed Urkel • Father of the Bride • Psycho Twins • That's What Friends Are For • Opposites Attract • A-Camping We Will Go • Nunsense • Aunt Oona • Stefan Returns|