|Rachel's First Date|
|Season 1, Episode 4|
|Air Date||October 13, 1989|
|Writer(s)|| Pamela Eells |
Rachel's First Date is episode four of the first season from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on October 13, 1989. It was directed by John Bowab and written both by Pamela Eells and Sally Lapiduss.
Alan, a member of the church choir, wants to date Rachel, who keeps refusing because she can't stop thinking about her late husband Robert Crawford, and it's getting in the way of Carl and Harriette's efforts to find a chance to spend some time alone together.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-France as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Joseph and Julius Wright as Richie Crawford
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Peter Fitzsimmons as Alan
- The scene in the seasons 1 and 2 opening credits where Judy and Laura are singing "Stop in the Name of Love" and the the scene in the season 1 opening credits where Judy and Mother Winslow give each other a high five are both from this episode.
- The original cold open to this episode featured a scene with Judy, Laura, and Carl. After the original airing of this episode, the producers replaced it with a new cold open to feature Steve Urkel tricking Carl out of his sundae to make it look as if Urkel was on from the beginning. The first season DVD set uses the Steve Urkel version.
- Carl (about Rachel): When do you think she'll notice she forgot the baby?
- Harriette: When she tries to burp the bag.