My Bodyguard is episode nineteen of the sixth season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally aired from ABC on March 17, 1995. It was directed by John Tracy and written by Felicia D. Henderson.
After foiling a robbery attempt by accidentally knocking out the crook with a broom, Urkel receives a series of threats, prompting Carl to become his bodyguard. Meanwhile, Eddie gets a new girlfriend, who happens to be the daughter of his hard-nosed owner of Mighty Weenie.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford (credit only)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo (credit only)
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
- Greg Collins as Officer Miller
- Kathryn Joosten as Grocery Checker
- David St. James as Joey
- Richard Vidan as Ricky
- Guest star appearance is Ron Canada as Dave McClure
- This episode marks the first appearance of Tammy Townsend as Greta McClure.
- This marks the 2nd time Urkel has foiled a criminal, the first time was in Number One With a Bullet.
- However, this is the only time he had been the victim of a series of threats by the criminal's younger brother.
- Urkel: Dear nerd, you got my brother busted. When I find you, I'm going to kill you dead.
- [Carl reads from the Chicago Chronicle. On the front page is Urkel's picture whom eyewitnesses lauded him for his bravery in foiling the lead robber, Joey Latofski, with his purchased broom at Alicia's Market. The heading reads "Nerd Bags Robber". Carl is further embarrassed over an expose written about him]
- Carl: Harriette, will you listen to this? According to eyewitnesses, Joey Latofski's younger brother, Ricky, distracted a gullible officer while Joey held up Alicia's Market. When asked why he didn't respond, the officer replied "I was frisking a guy for chickens".
- [Officer Miller is revealed to be Ricky Latofski in disguise.]
- Urkel:[gasping] You're not Officer Miller.
- Ricky: Bingo, you win the grand prize, kid. [removing the scarf which he plans to kill Steve with] You want to squeal on my brother. I'll give you something to squeal about.
- Urkel:[notices Ricky had cough on the scarf.] Hey, you sneezed on that thing.
- Ricky: Tell you what, today's victims' choice. How you want to die? I can throw you off the window, drown you in the sink or [pulls out a gun] blow your brains out.