|Lost in Space (Part 1)|
|Season 9, Episode 21|
|Air Date||July 10, 1998|
|Writer(s)|| Gary Goodrich |
|Previous||Pop Goes the Question|
|Next||Lost in Space (Part 2)|
Lost in Space (Part 1) is the first part of the two-part series finale (season 9) of Family Matters. This show was originally aired from CBS on July 10, 1998. It was directed by Joel Zwick and written both by Gary Goodrich and Tim Stack.
After NASA buys the patent to one of Urkel's inventions, he's sent into space with a pair of astronauts to test it out. However, Steve's invention unintentionally causes a nearby satellite to crash into the space shuttle, and before long he sends himself hurtling through outer space. Meanwhile, Harriette (worried for the well-being of rookie officer Eddie) demands to have him assigned to giving out tickets for parking meter violations. Myra attempts to use the media to pose as Urkel's fiancée, but is caught by Stefan who finally forces her to relinquish her love for him.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Judyann Elder as Harriette Winslow
- Darius McCrary ass Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
Supporting Cast Edit
- Dick O'Neill as Commissioner Geiss
- Jennifer Rhodes as Blanche Geiss
- Holmes Osborne as Buzz Conrad
- Matt McKenzie as Mitch
- Jim Meskimen as Mission Controller
- Kevin Richardson as Alan
- Perry Stephens as Anchorman
- In July of 1998 CBS' Block Party cancelled after one season, but Family Matters will be the final season and then it became part 1 of the two-part series finale.
- Dick O'Neill's final appearance.