|Like a Virgin|
|Season 5, Episode 14|
|Air Date||January 14, 1994|
|Writer(s)||David W. Duclon|
|Next||Good Cop, Bad Cop|
Like a Virgin is episode fourteen of season five from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on January 14, 1994. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by David W. Duclon.
Wisecracking Jerry blabs about his latest conquest until Urkel lets slip that Eddie has never had sex with anyone, leading to plenty of locker room teasing. He's embarrassed until Laura reminds him that Jerry isn't popular with the girls and is the butt of their jokes.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford (credit only)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Mark Adair-Rios as Jerry (as Mark Adair Rios)
- Bryton McClure (Richie Crawford) does not appear in this episode.
- When Eddie storms out of the locker room, he leaves without closing his locker. In the long shot of Waldo getting towels thrown at him, the locker is suddenly closed.
- When Urkel tells Eddie he's proud of him for standing up to Jerry, a towel disappears from Urkel's shoulder between shots, then suddenly reappears when Waldo and Weasel come after them with towels.
Revealing mistakes Edit
- When Urkel runs around towel-whipping the guys, it can be seen he is wearing boxer shorts under the towel around his waist, even though he's supposed to have just come from the shower.
- Carl (reading a note to Eddie from his girlfriend): "Eddie, we were foolish to wait. Last night was so special and now I want us to share this as often as possible?"
- Harriette: Carl, do you think this means Eddie is sexually active?
- Carl: Well, when was this written? By now, he could be sexually exhausted.
- Urkel (to Gerry): A real man doesn't have to sex to prove that he is a man.
- Jerry: Well, your opinion doesn't count since technically you're not a man.
- [Everybody laughs]
- Urkel: Well, say what you will about me, but no one here will deny that my best bud Eddo here is a real man. (Everyone mutters in agreement) Well, it just so happens that he is a virgin, too!
- Eddie: I haven't been with a girl yet and now I'm the laughingstock of the boy's locker room.
- Laura: Well, Eddie, your friend Jerry is a hound and he's the laughingstock of the girl's locker room.
- Jerry (to Eddie): You know, Winslow, I'm disappointed in you. We all thought you were a real ladies man. Now, the whole school knows that the dude is just a dud.
- Eddie: Yeah, well you disappoint me too, Jerry.
- Jerry: Oh, yeah?
- Eddie: Yeah. Man, you're a user. Girls aren't people to you. They're points on a score card.
- Jerry: Sounds like sour grapes to me.
- Eddie: Nope. You see, I used to think just like you until I realized that making sweet love with a fine lady is all about feelings and those feelings should be shared. So, if quantity is your thing, man, knock yourself out, buddy. But me, I'm going for quality.
- Jerry: Eddie, who are you saving yourself for? Miss Right?
- Waldo: Miss Wright? Miss Wright is our math teacher. Great Caesar's ghost, Eddie. She's 67 years old!