|Season 2, Episode 17|
|Air Date||February 1, 1991|
|Writer(s)|| Fred Fox Jr. |
|Previous||Do the Right Thing|
|Next||Life of the Party|
High Hopes is episode seventeen of season two from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on February 1, 1991. It was directed by Gary Menteer and written both by Fred Fox Jr. and Denise Snee.
Steve helps Carl cure his fear of heights by going on a hot-air balloon ride. Things go wrong when a nearby plane causes Steve to fall out, but Carl manages to save Steve's life. Meanwhile, Rachel helps Harriette win a radio contest, but they start to argue on who should get the car that they recently won. After fighting for a while, Estelle suggests they sell the car, and split the money evenly.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-France as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Jim Doughan as Jimmy
- After Carl pulls Urkel back into the balloon basket, his left arm is either wrapped around the support bar or resting against it, depending on the camera angle.
- When Carl falls on Urkel, they land on the couch at an angle that would have been impossible to naturally end up from where they fell.
- Lt. Murtaugh: You look familiar.
- Urkel: We met once. You showed me a picture of your dog.
- Lt. Murtaugh: Right.
- Urkel: So, how is old Blood Fang?
- Lt. Murtaugh: He's dead.
- Urkel: I'm sorry.
- Lt. Murtaugh: Yeah... like that's gonna bring him back.
- Urkel: (to Carl) They actually give this guy bullets?