|Season 7, Episode 12|
|Air Date||January 5, 1996|
|Writer(s)||Sheila M. Anthony|
|Previous||Fa La La La Laagghh!|
|Next||South of the Border|
Friendship Cycles is episode twelve of season seven from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on January 5, 1996. It was directed by Joel Zwick and written by Sheila M. Anthony.
Steve really wants to go on a class bicycle trip with Myra, but he doesn't know how to ride a bicycle. When Carl refuses to teach Steve how to ride a bicycle, Steve tries to teach himself. As clumsy as he is, Steve almost kills himself, until Carl finally feels sorry for him, and helps out.
Meanwhile, Laura brushes off Maxine's wish to become a hairdresser as being foolhardy. Maxine is hurt by that, and Maxine and Laura argue over whether Maxine should go to college or go to cosmetology school. It soon becomes apparent that the reason for Laura's attitude is because she's afraid she'll lose a friend if Maxine goes off to cosmetology school, and Laura's attitude was meant to try to discourage Maxine from going to cosmetology school.
Also, Carl is obsessed with his new car.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Rosetta LeNoire (non-appearance)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford (non-appearance)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse