Flashpants is the fourth episode of the second season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on October 5, 1990. It was directed by Gerren Keith and written by Stephen Langford.
Carl and Harriette enter the precinct's annual dance contest, but find themselves challenged by an egotistical fellow officer. He hurts his back while praticing, and heals just in time for the contest. He and Charlie (the other officer) tie for the win, however, right before the dance-off, he hurts his back again while bowing. At the same time, Charlie trips over a chair and hurts his ankle leaving both in pain. Just as Charlie and his wife are about to forfeit, Carl mentions that he wants to settle for a tie (which is proven to be against the rules), and Harriette tells Carl she's proud of him for being a good sport.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited as Jo Marie Payton-France)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton James as Richie Crawford (credited as Bryton McClure)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Eddie Mekka as Charlie
- Cathy Susan Pyles as Helen
- Steve Vinovich as Master of Ceremonies
- (Jazzy music playing)
- Laura: Steve, you like this kind of music?
- Urkel: Mmm, not really.
- Laura: Maybe there's hope for you yet.
- Urkel: I'm more of a polka kinda guy.