|Finding the Words|
|Season 2, Episode 22|
|Air Date||March 22, 1991|
|Writer(s)||Fred Fox Jr.|
|Next||Skip to My Lieu|
Finding the Words is episode twenty-two of season two from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on March 22, 1991. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by Fred Fox Jr.
Jimmy Holmes (Paul Winfield), claiming to be a long-lost family friend of the Winslows turns out to be much closer when Jimmy tells Carl that his name is Jimmy Baines, Harriette and Rachel's father, who walked out on them years earlier.
Jimmy Holmes (Paul Winfield), claiming to be a long-lost family friend of the Winslows turns out to be much closer when Jimmy tells Carl that his name is Jimmy Baines, Harriette and Rachel's father, who walked out on them years earlier. When he came back to reconcile with his family, their mother denounced Jimmy by telling him that she had told their daughters that he died in Korea. Since then, Jimmy changed his last name to Holmes in order to see his grandchildren in secret. When the truth comes out, Harriette is unsure if she could forgive Jimmy and admits her resentment for his actions in leaving their family. Rachel counsels her that if they don't take the opportunity and reconcile with their father, then they'd make the same mistake as their mother did.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-France as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Paul Winfield as Jimmy Baines (formerly of Jimmy Holmes)
- On the show, Harriette is two years older than her sister, Rachel. Their dad mentions that Harriette was 3, and Rachel was 1 when he divorced their mother. In reality, Jo Marie Payton is two years younger than Telma Hopkins.