|Farewell, My Laura|
|Season 3, Episode 25|
|Air Date||May 8, 1992|
|Writer(s)|| Gary Menteer |
David W. Duclon
|Next||Surely You Joust|
Farewell, My Laura is episode twenty-five and the finale of season three from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on May 8, 1992. It was directed by Richard Correll and written both by David W. Duclon and Gary Menteer.
A 1940s-style detective spoof, with Urkel playing gumshoe crime fighter Johnny Danger. Danger is paid to protect supper club owner Rachel, who is targeted by an assassin. When Rachel is killed, the "Wigglesworths", Murtaugh, and Waldo are all suspects. Who murdered Rachel, and can he find out fast?
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- This is the final acknowledgement of Lt. Murtaugh.
- [in their 1940s personas]
- Urkel: What's your aunt's name, who'd want to kill her, and who do you like in the World Series?
- Laura: Rachel Crawfish, you got me, and I like the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Urkel: [voiceover, as Johnny Danger] So there I was, staring death right in the face. Was I about to take the Big Sleep?
- [normal dialogue]
- Urkel: Well, what are you waiting for?
- Laura: [as Laura Wigglesworth, pointing a gun at Johnny] The narration to finish!