|Dr. Urkel and Mr. Cool|
|Season 5, Episode 8|
|Air Date||November 12, 1993|
Dr. Urkel and Mr. Cool is episode eight of season five from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired on ABC on November 12, 1993. It was directed by John Tracy and written by Jim Geoghan. This episode marks the first appearance of Stefan Urquelle (Played by Jaleel White in a dual-role).
After being pantsed for being jealous of another guy flirting with Laura, Urkel devises the ultimate scheme to win her heart... a potion that will turn him into an ultra-suave ladies man. Stefan Urquelle quickly wins Laura's heart, but it isn't long before she's fed up with his arrogant, narcisstic nature and rather have the irksome nerd back.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford (credit only)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel / Stefan Urquelle (debut)
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Charles Carpenter as Flirting Customer
- This is the first appearance of Urkel's alter-ego, Stefan Urquelle, played by Jaleel White in a dual role. However, his attitude is much different - he is suave and cool, but also shallow and conceited.
- Urkel: Laura this elixir will improve my coordination, my posture, my vocal intonation, and I might even sprout a chest hair or two.
- Laura: First you better sprout a chest.
- Urkel: [Steve as Stefan] Steve? Steve who?
- Laura: Steve Urkel. You.
- Stefan: No no no no no. There is no Steve here. I'm Stefan sweet thing. Stefan Urquelle
- Harriette: Are your parents happy with the new you?
- Urkel: Oh they love the new me. In fact, they finally introduced me to my grandparents.