Dog Day Halloween is the seventh episode of the second season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on October 26, 1990. It was directed by Gerren Keith and written both by David W. Duclon and Fred Fox Jr.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited by Jo Marie Payton-France)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton James as Richie Crawford (credited as Bryton McClure)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Doris Hess as Marcy
- Mark Nassar as Robber
- This is the first episode in which Urkel sings a song with the tune of "Camptown Races" and lyrics of his own invention.
- Carl was dressed up as Jamaican pizza delivery where the robber was arrested.
- The first Halloween themed episode. This will be followed by "Whose Kid Is It Anyway?, Dark and Stormy Night, Stevil, and Stevil II: This Time, He's Not Alone
- Carl's police attire (both his patches and badge) are not the ones of the Chicago Police Department. Carl's patches are generic with 'police department' on them. Actual CPD patches are white and octagon shaped and say 'Chicago Police'. His badge is a generic oval shape style like the ones of LAPD. Real CPD badges are 5-point silver stars.