Dumb Belle of the Ball is episode three of the ninth season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally aired from CBS on October 3, 1997. It was directed by Joel Zwick and written by Fred Fox Jr.
Ending up in the hospital after saving Eddie from getting hit by an oncoming car, Myrtle is thrilled when Eddie promises to take her to the Biloxi Debutante Ball, and teaching the others, including Big Daddy why Myrtle deserves to be there. Meanwhile, Laura upsets Carl when she goes out to the Sizzle Club in a thin, tight dress after promising to change into anything that was less revealing. She soon realizes how much she has hurt Carl after catching an episode of Extra!
After Myrtle has protected Eddie from an accident by moving him out of the way. He ends up accompanying her to her party in Mississippi.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow / Big Daddy Urkel
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow (non-appearance)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel / Myrtle Urkel
- Mindy Hester as Sara Sue Pettyjohn
- Bill Kirchenbauer as Dr. Rubin
- Van Stewman Jr. as Car Driver
- Damon Chandler as Debutante Announcer
- Sean Le Sure as Man at Ball (credited as Sean LeSure)
- Sara Sue Pettyjohn: [stuck up toward Myrtle's lack of style and class] That's the difference between *old* money and *new* money.
- Myrtle: Oh, how true, how true! Old money has more wrinkles!
- Sara Sue Pettyjohn: [gasps and leaves]
- Eddie: [laughing] Good one, Myrtle!