|Dance to the Music|
|Season 4, Episode 2|
|Air Date||October 2, 1992|
|Writer(s)|| Joseph Cvar |
|Previous||Surely You Joust|
|Next||Driving Carl Crazy|
Dance to the Music is episode two of season four from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on October 2, 1992. It was directed by John Tracy and written both by Joseph Cvar and Gary Menteer.
Laura, a nominee for homecoming queen, sets her sights on a popular jock named Ted. Urkel, wanting to make Laura happy, helps Ted break the ice with her. Meanwhile, Carl becomes jealous of Harriette's piano teacher. At the homecoming dance, Waldo is Waldo in inviting two girls to the dance and makes Eddie uncomfortable with it.
Laura is up for the Homecoming Queen title and she has refused every other guy who wanted to go to the dance with her. Urkel decides to look beyond his feelings for her by not asking her out to the dance and sets her up with a popular jock, Ted Curran. He asks Steve why would he take the backseat in not asking Laura out because everyone knows how much he's crazy about her. Urkel tells him how true it is, but stays truthful that she wants to go with him and he only cares about her happiness. Ted appreciates what Steve's doing for him and calls him, a nerd saint.
At the house, Carl isn't too thrilled about Harriette's new piano teacher, Oscar and feigns being sick again so he can chase him out of the house. Afterwards, the teacher leaves and she calls her husband out for being a jealous and insecure man. She only wanted to learn how to play the piano properly and Carl accuses him of getting in between his sheet music and her. Apparently, he hadn't learned about what happened last time when he made Harriette jealous whenever he was at Loretta's house and she tried to seduce him in Season 2. Eventually, he realizes he was wrong and apologizes.
At the homecoming dance, Urkel does feel a bit heartbroken about missing out on his opportunity in asking Laura out to the dance. However, he's also happy that she's having a good time with Ted and that helping him out was a good thing. Also at the dance, Eddie calls Waldo rotten because he took two girls to the dance. Wadlo explains that Maryann had a two seat car and he had to take the bus as a result. Laura wins the title of Homecoming Queen and she requested that Steve shares the last dance with her as appreciation for setting her up with her date.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow (credit only)
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford (credit only)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford (credit only)
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Julius Carry as Oscar
- Pamela Holt as Homecoming Princess
- Mike Genovese as Coach Westfield
- Patrick J. Dancy as Ted Curran (as Patrick Dancy)
- Ted Curran is the one dancing with Laura, but he is the cousin of Myra Monkhouse (later in season 5).