|Brain Over Brawn|
|Season 3, Episode 2|
|Air Date||September 27, 1991|
|Writer(s)||Fred Fox Jr.|
|Next||The Show Must Go On|
Brain Over Brawn is episode two of season three from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on September 27, 1991. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by Fred Fox Jr.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- David Hayward as Coach Redding
- David Baur as Alex Phillips
- In the original ABC broadcast, the ending gag is crossed over with Step by Step; Urkel's jet-propelled flight pack causes him to fly through the Winslows' roof and crash-land in Port Washington, Wisconsin, where the Foster/Lambert family is enjoying a barbecue. An alternate ending is included in syndicated, ABC Family and Nick at Nite reruns, featuring Steve's out-of-control jet pack flinging him above the Chicago skyline.
- Waldo: Thanks for helping me find the gym.
- Urkel: Don't feel bad. It's Monday! You had two whole days to forget where it was.
- Urkel: You know what, Laura? I realize the reason you don't love me is because I'm weak.
- Laura: Steve, that's not true.
- Urkel: It isn't?
- Laura: No! There's lots of reasons why I don't love you.
- Urkel: Really? Well, name a couple.
- Laura: Well... you're stubborn, irritating, loud, obnoxious, pushy, clumsy...
- Urkel: I said 'a couple'.