Boxcar Blues is episode six of the second season in this television sitcom on Family Matters, that originally aired from ABC on October 19, 1990. It was directed by Mark Linn-Baker and written by Fred Fox Jr.
Carl has assigned Urkel as part of a police ride-along program. While staking out a wanted suspect in a railroad stockyard, Carl and Steve accidentally wind up locked in a livestock rail car. Eddie — who earlier rejected Carl's offer to participate in the ride-along program — tries to get a modeling career, but is soundly rejected.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited as Jo Marie Payton-France)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Laura Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- During dinner, a bottle of steak sauce moves around between shots.
- The exterior shot of the cattle car (an obvious model) does not match interior shots. There is no lantern light visible from the outside; the door has vertical slats outside and horizontal inside; the side slats are open all the way down outside while the bottom half are sealed off inside.
- Carl: I needed a good laugh.
- Urkel: You know, every time you laugh you burn off three and a half calories?
- Carl: Maybe I should laugh a little bit more, huh?
|Family Matters Season 2|
|Rachel's Place • Torn Between Two Lovers • Marriage 101 • Flashpants • The Crash Course • Boxcar Blues • Dog Day Halloween • Cousin Urkel • Dedicated to the One I Love • The Science Project • Requiem for an Urkel • Fast Eddie Winslow • Have Yourself a Merry Winslow Christmas • Ice Station Winslow • Son • Do the Right Thing • High Hopes • Life of the Party • Busted • Fight the Good Fight • Taking Credit • Finding the Words • Skip to My Lieu • The Good the Bad the Urkel • I Should Have Done Something|