|Beta Chi Guy|
|Season 6, Episode 5|
|Air Date||October 21, 1994|
|Previous||The Looney Bin|
|Next||Dark and Stormy Night|
Beta Chi Guy is episode five of season six of the televison sitcom Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on October 21, 1994. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by Jim Geoghan.
Eddie is invited to join a prestigious fraternity, despite the fact that he has to ditch Steve in order to become a member. Laura immediately sets him straight and makes him realize his friendship with Urkel is more important to him. Meanwhile, Carl orders a peanut helmet from a shopping network, where you're allowed to try a product for 30 days without paying a single cent. However, Richie and his friend, Lil' G go overboard when they order toys from the exact channel.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Shanga Kyle Parker as Lyle (as S. Kyle Parker)
- Tasha Taylor as Girl at Party
- Terri J. Vaughn as Girl #1 at Party
- Telma Hopkins returns in a recurring guest role as Rachel. Rachel's absences from the previous season weren't explained so it's presumed that Rachel still lived with the winslows during season 5 she just wasn't around as much as she was the during first four seasons.
- Eddie: [at the frat party] Steve, why are you wearing a toga?
- Urkel: Well why aren't you? For that matter... why isn't everybody?
- Laura: You're lucky, you got into a great fraternity... and all it cost you was your best friend.
- Eddie: Steve told you?
- Laura: He didn't need to. I could hear him sobbing in his suspension
- Richie: We're going to play with these toys for 30 days and return them, like Uncle Carl's going to do with his peanut helmet.
- Carl: Richie, I get the money back if the helmet breaks.
- Richie: I can break all this stuff.