|Beauty and the Beast|
|Season 8, Episode 17|
|Air Date||February 7, 1997|
|Writer(s)|| Meg DeLoatch |
Gary M. Goodrich
|Next||Le Jour d'amour|
Beauty and the Beast is episode seventeen of season eight from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on February 7, 1997. It was directed by Richard Correll and written both by Meg DeLoatch and Gary M. Goodrich.
When Harriette finds contestants for the Miss Downtown Chicago Pageant, which a nervous Carl will be hosting with Emmanuel Lewis. Myrtle decides to cheat her way to win the pageant even if it means making Greta and the others look bad. She wants to win Eddie's love regardless of the consequences and Steve quickly cottons on to her plan. He helps free his girlfriend, Myra and the other contestants by freeing them from their imprisonment, back stage. As the angry contestants chases Myrtle around, he rightfully calls her out for being a manipulative, lying cheat. He tells the audience that Myrtle was using the pageant as a means to reaffirm her love for Eddie and will stop at nothing to get him, even if it's cheating. He reminds her that his friend will never ever love her the same way that he loves Greta. He tells her that it is extremely unacceptable and she knew the rules by hand. She chose to dismiss them and therefore, she loses by default. Myrtle is angry and embarrassed that Steve would dare disqualify her from the competition and leaves.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel / Myrtle Urkel
- Michelle Thomas as Myra Monkhouse
- Emmanuel Lewis as Himself
- It was similar to a former TV fantasy-drama series Beauty and the Beast (CBS: 1987–1990, The CW: 2012–2016) made the cast member are Ron Perlman, Linda Hamilton and the revival's are Kristen Kreuk and Jay Ryan.