Baker's Dozen is the fourteenth episode of the first season from the television sitcom on Family Matters, which was aired from ABC on January 12, 1990. It was directed by James O'Keefe and written by Ken Kuta.
Rachel persuades Carl to sell his family's secret recipe for lemon tarts to a local restaurant. However, Harriette warns against it, believing it is a bad idea and the family will regret it one day. The family (with the exception of Mother Winslow), ignores her believing she is too old fashioned. They soon get a huge order for the treats (12,000 tarts) and less than 48 hours to fulfill the contract, not helped by Urkel's unwelcome visit. Sleep-deprived, exhausted and pushing to meet the mark, a huge food fight results and Harriette breaks it up. After sending Steve home, she admonishes her family for their behavior. Carl and Rachel grudgingly admits that Harriette's advice was best heeded. In the end, the family only makes $24 in profits.
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton as Harriette Winslow (credited as Jo Marie Payton-France)
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Jaimee Foxworth as Judy Winslow
- Joseph and Julius Wright as Richie Crawford
- Telma Hopkins as Rachel Crawford
- Robert Grey Lee as Phil
- Seth Sieuarine as Desmond Smith
|Family Matters Season 1|