|A Matter of Principle|
|Season 5, Episode 4|
|Air Date||October 15, 1993|
|Previous||Saved by the Urkel|
|Next||Money Out the Window|
A Matter of Principle is episode four of season five from the television sitcom on Family Matters. This show was originally aired from ABC on October 14, 1993. It was directed by Richard Correll and written by Jim Geoghan.
In the series 100th episode, Harriette's job at the Chicago Chronicle as manager of security has taken a back seat to Urkel's antics in the series' four years, but it takes center stage here. The newspaper is experiencing budget cuts, and Harriette's boss, Mr. Berger, asks her to cut her workforce. Harriette doesn't want to fire anyone, and Carl gives her some advice on how to tell Mr. Berger this. The end result has Harriette losing her job. Meanwhile, Myra transfers to Urkel's school, all to snare herself a certain nerd. She eventually asks Eddie and Laura for advice in winning Urkel's heart, resulting in a wild comedy of errors.
Cast and Characters Edit
- Reginald VelJohnson as Carl Winslow
- Jo Marie Payton-Noble as Harriette Winslow
- Rosetta LeNoire as Estelle Winslow (credit only)
- Darius McCrary as Eddie Winslow
- Kellie Shanygne Williams as Laura Winslow
- Bryton McClure as Richie Crawford (credit only)
- Jaleel White as Steve Urkel
- Shawn Harrison as Waldo Geraldo Faldo
- Michael Kaufman as Mr. Berger
- William Joseph Barker as Boy in Classroom
- Urkel loses his glasses when he tries to get in the hammock. They later reappear on his face without him having time to retrieve them.
- When Myra helps Urkel up and the two of them get in the hammock, the grass ripples under their feet, indicating it is solid pieces of fake grass.